PDA

View Full Version : Hello From the Pacific Northwest

powderedsugar5
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
:D Hi-
My Name is Jamie, I'm 41 years old and I am from Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I am married, work full time as an LPN and have 6 children and 1 grandchild. My husband also shares the same passion for gardening and self sufficiency as I do. We live in the city also so our space is limited. I was starting to lose my umph for gardening a little until a friend turned me on to this site. I am excited once again and it couldn't have come at a better time of year. Our growing season here is short so anything I can learn to extend it would be wonderful. I have incorporated more of my yard this year for gardening. I have also planted a cherry, peach, plum, apple and apricot tree. We have 5 chickens to date, lost a few over the year. We do have 3 rabbits but they are pet rabbits being used for 4-h. We just got 2 ducks for the girls to show for 4-h. I have never tried duck eggs but am willing. We will be getting a goat here in a few weeks for Kaylie to show for 4-h. We love to can foods and I am still learning more and more even though I have been canning for years. I am so happy to have found this site.
Jamie

onmiwei
05-04-2009, 09:54 PM
HELLO!!!

I am new here as well, I live in TN now but I am from Idaho. Twin Falls area...but my mom grew up in St Maries. I used to go swimming in Lake Coeur d'Alene when I was younger. My uncle moved from Wallace to just outside the Coeur d'Alene city limits. So beautiful up there!

I am home sick for the beautiful NW now ;)

SimplyForties
05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome! Coeur d'Alene has to be one of the most beautiful places in the country - lucky you!

powderedsugar5
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I am super lucky and I absolutely love living here. Even in the never-ending winter.
Jamie

plantoneonme
05-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi Jamie, glad you joined us. I am also glad you have your umphf back for gardening. I know how much it is a stress reliever and my salvation in trying times and hope it is the same for you. Kim

Sinfonian
05-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Welcome from Seattle! Love to have more PNW gardeners here. It's cool that you're so involved with 4-h and sustainablity. I am just starting out but also have a passion for gardening (edibles that is). I just wish my wife shared my passion like your husband does. You re very lucky in that regard.

Great to hear you've enjoyed the site. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Enjoy your garden!

gardengirl72
05-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome! I can't wait to learn more. Please post pics, especially of your animals and how you house them all.