PDA

View Full Version : Peach trees

ecogirl
05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
My cherry tree is doing perfectly, but I'm a bit concerned on my peach trees as they haven't grown any leaves and nothing at all! Do you think the peach tree is dead? Is there anything wrong with it? Please let me know as soon as possible! (I have mulched, water and taken care of)

MoniDew
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
perhaps it is yet too early in your area...not warm enough? You took care of them, so just assume all is well for a little longer. Perhaps your local garden extension can tell you when peach trees break dormancy in your area...?

ecogirl
05-08-2009, 03:04 AM
its getting warmer but the wind just keeps on strengthing! Thanks anyway!

kristim23
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Ecogirl- I'm not sure if this applies to peach trees, but I have noticed in the past that when my chesnut and pear trees leaf late they usually have a huge yeild. So, cross your fingers- you might have a good year!! -Kristi

Sabbath
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Ecogirl- I'm not sure if this applies to peach trees, but I have noticed in the past that when my chesnut and pear trees leaf late they usually have a huge yeild. So, cross your fingers- you might have a good year!! -Kristi

^yeah that.

Might be working on it's roots a bit and it will leaf out a bit later. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sinfonian
05-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Peach trees are notoriously difficult to grow in our climate. A co-worker has one and I am always shocked when he gets a good harvest from it. Not sure the variety as it was there when he bought the house.

I would assume it is a slow producer and keep at it. My fruit trees benefit from removing the sod around the trunk and covering with a thick compost mulch. I've never had so many plums last year.

Good luck!