PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: MoniDew has kissed 50lbs goodbye! 30 more to go!

MoniDew
05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm in the process of losing some weight and was wondering if there are any others here who may also be? We could offer eachother support and encouragement along the way.

any takers?

Sinfonian
05-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Congratulations! That is an amazing effort. Well done! My wife and I both undertook significant weightloss goals two years ago. I lost 40 plus pounds and my wifer 65. Alas over the last two years a bit of that has crept back on due to some unhealthy choices and American portion sizes.

We are both working to drop what we gained back, which is 15 for me. I still make an unhealthy choice or two on occasion, but the garden greens coming on strong has helped that. We have also restarted our 3 mile power walks pushing our kids in strollers. My charge is 5 now so it's a challenge. Hehe.

Do tell how you've accomplished such a significant feat!?

vermmy35
05-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I have gone from 250 or 260 (stopped getting on the scale at 249) about 2 yrs ago down to my present wight of 186.:D I just wished the doctor would let me get back in the gym again, he said maybe next week if all goes well. So, you see you can do it if you put your mind to it.

MoniDew
05-20-2009, 12:37 PM
my "how" is good ol' weight watchers. they've been in the business the longest. but, I'm not limiting this to only weight watcher's members. "how"ever works for you is fine!!!!! I just know I have several things to work on.

Emotional eating
Binging
Worthiness/self-esteem

The weight is just a symptom. The actual problem is my sucky thinking!! I am trying to fix my HEAD! The weight will regulate once I stop stuffing grief, doubt, worry, fear, etc with food. That's what I'm working on....

Sinfonian
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Ah. WW. Thhat's what we did. Well, my wife did the online version. I mostly did what she did because I felt guilty eating a hamburger when she had a salad.

Sure works wonders though.

My main issues are portion sizes and the "once won't hurt" mentality.

Gotta do better. My pants are starting to get tight. Putting batteries in the scale is the first step, hehe.

Blossome
05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Congrats! how long did it take. I'm looking at losing about 90lbs myself. I've been off and on the wagon for months. I'll lose then get stressed and gain. But I'm hoping that being able to go right out side to the yard for a salad will stop the store snacking.

MoniDew
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I'll start by saying that EVERYONE is different. I have a strange pattern, but it's normal for me. I'll go a week or two without losing a pound, even though I'm following the ww program to the letter. Then I'll drop about 3 to 3 1/2 lbs all at once. WW is designed to lose about 2 lbs a week, average. My AVERAGE is correct, but my method is weird. Oh, well! It's still working, so I'm very happy about that. And, they've noticed the pattern too, and are no longer worried that I'm losing too quickly. The first few times that happened, they got a little freaked. But we know it's just me now.

In 16 weeks, I've lost 35lbs. (my first week, I lost nearly 5. That's fairly normal, too. Because you've just radically altered how much you're eating.)

plantoneonme
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
That is great! I want to lose weight really bad but am a terrible emotional eater and my stress level is at a all time high right now. I am not concentrating on dieting at this point but adding more healthy, garden fresh foods instead. I have been eating garden salads everyday for lunch with simple toppings of a boiled egg with a sprinkle of cheese or just some feta with a few green olives or shredded roasted chicken etc. I hope to lose a few pounds this way and feel this is just one small step toward better eating habits over a lifetime.

Kim

MoniDew
05-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I agree with you that the focus has to be eating healthy for a lifetime!

And I am also an emotional eater. This is my third time through weight watchers, each time having to lose 50+ lbs (first time lost 75 lbs, second time lost 50, this time need to lose 80). no one's weight yoyo's that much naturally! I eat because I'm bored, stressed, grieving, etc.

And I understand insane stress levels. Most of you here know what is going on in my family. And what you do know is only the tip of the iceburg. (I won't even discuss the rest!) So, yeah, I get it.

My point is, how do we find better ways of dealing with life than eating ourselves into an early grave?! The weight is only a symptom. The real problem is in my head, my screwed up thinking. That's what I'm working on.

Let's help eachother out. It's so much easier to be objective about someone else. It's impossible to be objective about yourself. That's why we need eachother.

Somebody straighten me out!! :rolleyes: And maybe I can help someone else out too. :o

KalenaPlants
05-31-2009, 03:59 AM
Congrats! how long did it take. I'm looking at losing about 90lbs myself. I've been off and on the wagon for months. I'll lose then get stressed and gain. But I'm hoping that being able to go right out side to the yard for a salad will stop the store snacking.

Monidew - That is wonderful news!!! I too know the effects of negative thinking. You can do it :)

Blossome - I have exactly 90lbs to lose. Went to the doctor and he told me that at 27, I shouldn't be weighing 245lbs. It was really rough to hear him say what I already knew to be true. This was 6 weeks ago. Since then, I have lost 15 lbs and gained back 8lbs. I started my backyard veggie garden with the same kind of goal in mind..to see if having a fresh salad and veggies in my yard will help me to eat better. So far, I've only had one main harvest of lettuce lol. I'm looking forward to my tomatoes and peppers for salsa and things.

All of you have been a wonderful inspiration not just for my first-time gardening efforts, but for showing me that I can live a better life in general. One where I can have better finances, better ways of eating, better time management and less stress. Keep it up, everyone!!

MoniDew
05-31-2009, 08:08 PM
My weight has wobbled a bit lately, too. After losing 35, I regained 2. Let's all nip it in the bud now. Recommit, recharge, and go for it again! Summer's here. Let's get out and garden, walk, etc.

WISHING ALL OF YOU THE BEST OF HEALTH!!!!

MoniDew
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
jumped on the scale at WW this morning at it said that I had lost 4 pounds!! WOAH! So, I lost the 2 I gained back, and 2 more! I'm so happy!!!

Okay, everybody, weigh in time! How're you all doing?

Sinfonian
06-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Our scale needs batteries and I refuse to put new ones in until my pants don't fit so tight. Dang Costco limited time lemon blueberry muffins, hehe.

My wife is doing much better.

MoniDew
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
LOL!! perhaps it is quite fortunate that they are only for a limited time!

HomesteadBaker
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Good job, Monica.... and everyone!

I have been AWOL for a while, but hope I am back now!

I have lost about 10 pounds in the past month...... by walking back and forth to the hospital several times a day to visit my Mother. I have more to lose, but it is a start.

Hope everyone is doing well.

MoniDew
07-06-2009, 01:31 AM
OH, KITTY! That is one tough way to lose weight! I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope that she starts feeling better quickly.

Update on myself: I've lost a few more pounds and am at nearly 50lbs gone now!

MoniDew
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I just met the 50 lb mark at my last weight watcher's meeting! Can't begin to tell you how much this means to me. I feel successful at something - and I needed that!

How is everyone else's weight loss efforts going? IT'S WEIGH IN TIME! Everybody, check in!

Garden Green
08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Congratulations, that is so awesome! My girlfriend goes to weight watchers and they have helped her out tremendously, I'm glad to know that it works for someone else, too because I've always heard that it doesn't work at all.

MoniDew
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
:shrug: works like a charm for me! super easy, not feeling deprived at all...

But, to each his/her own...there must be something out there for those for whom Weight Watchers is not the thing....

Sinfonian
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I was doing ok, but then we went on a 7 day cruise and I gained 10 pounds of Buffett weight, hehe.

Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment. We expect to get back on the horse this week.