PDA

View Full Version : Employment.

James
05-27-2009, 07:12 PM
O K , we all need 2 work 4 A living. I Am A Owner Operator doing O T R and being gone for weeks at A time is A down side. So What is everybody elses cup of tea 4 employment.

plantoneonme
05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
James, I know how difficult that life can be not only for you but the family as well. My husband was an OTR for over 15 years and did regional for another 7 before becoming medically disabled at the age of 48.

I myself have been a Registered Nurse for the past 15 years at the same hospital. I am currently working in the Intensive Care Unit working 12 hour shifts. Kim

Kittikity
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I am currantly a stay at home mom/small scale farmer-homesteader-urban lifestylist.. I'm not sure what term to apply to myself.. In the past I've been a waitress, cashier, and my favorite, a dog groomer..

My husband was a web designer for many years for an online aviation magazine.. Right now he's a local truck driver hauling stuff like molten sulfur, fertilizer, lime, etc.. But he wants to get into the police academy training at the local college..

swoop
05-28-2009, 01:51 AM
mom/RN/dogtrainer/urban farmer - married to an animal cruelty investigator and recently self taught carpenter (chickens needed a coop) - with many animals - and lord help me 3 trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly (omg who put in the boyscout moto) delightful teenagers - hence the grey hair.

MoniDew
05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
What is everybody elses cup of tea 4 employment.

LOL! My cup of tea is, My Cup of Tea! as in: www.mycupoftea.net

kinnisoj
05-31-2009, 10:18 AM
James, I too was once a OTR driver (drove for X-CEL transport out of Grand Rapids MI) but it got too much for me with kids. To hard for me to leave the family behind....I am now into the energy ind. and I am incharge of 276 methane gas wells and four other lease operators. But my otr training has paid off for me multi times. I still have my class A, dropped the HAZ MAT but just in case its my employment insurance. Becareful!

mariaclarke
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I am a stay at home mom I have 4 children and the youngest is not in school .I am looking for work and my husband is in HVAC mechanic.looking for work and caring for a 3 year old is a full time job,LOL

Linda
06-19-2009, 09:24 AM
James, My hubby is OTR also and I stay at home. We have 4 rental props and I also clean homes. The runs aren't very good, so my income fills the gap so to speak. It's so hard for all of us and we do what we have to do just to keep a float anymore.
God Bless
Linda